What is kitting and fulfillment?
You have a list of marketing materials you need. These materials can be posters, decals, POP signage, window clings, brochures, promo items… basically anything.
You have a list of addresses the materials need to be sent to. There could be 10 locations locally or 500 spread out over the United States. (Or any other mix of number and location.)
However, while some needs for the marketing materials are static for each location, some change.
Sound like you?
Situations like these typically benefit from our kitting & fulfillment service. To put it simply, kitting and fulfillment means we will print, package, and distribute your marketing materials to anyone and anywhere. We put together customized kits based on the list you provide, so if each kit needs something different, we’re equipped to handle that.
Still need some clarification? Let’s look at one of our kitting projects.
Client: Delek, US
You may better know them when mentioning Alon or 7-11 convenience stores, but they also have assets in petroleum refining, logistics, conveniences stores, asphalt, and renewables.
- They have 254 retail locations and 292 wholesale locations in the southwest United States.
- They placed an order for 254 custom kits and submitted their artwork and distribution spreadsheet.
Number of Kits
254 total kits with an average of 105 pieces per kit.
- Table Tents
- Wide Format:
- Pump Toppers
- Window Posters
- Shelf Wobblers
- Case Cards
- Hose Talkers
- Cooler Door Clings
- Cappuccino & Fountain Machine Translites
- Spanners (marketing that “spans” the front of the stores)
- Kitting & Fulfillment
- Kit Creation
- Inventory storage
- Each artwork file was matched to its column on the distribution spreadsheet before printing to verify completeness and quantities.
- Marketing materials were printed and taken to our kitting warehouse.
- Then, they were organized, first by product, then in the most efficient picking order.
- All stores received a certain set of materials. These materials were pre-packaged to increase productivity.
- Some materials were dependent on the store, such as pump toppers. Not all of the stores have the same number of gas pumps, changing the quantity for those per store.
The distribution sheet and pre-packaged items all stores get.
4. For the materials that were store-dependent, packing slips were created from the distribution spreadsheet. Kits were packed according to the exact specifications of the slip.
- The packing slips contain a barcode that is scanned in at shipment to ensure the correct store received the correct amount of marketing materials.
The packing slip and barcode.
5. Kits are shipped out.
Boxes ready to be shipped to stores across the Southwest.
Kitting projects like this often come from grocery stores, convenience stores, pawn shops, and other franchise clients. But, as mentioned previously, kitting isn’t just for franchises. We will kit just about anything you need, whether it be a VIP invitation to your conference, a care kit for your employees, or even your annual Christmas gift.
Check out other kitting projects by going to our inspiration page and choose the “kitting” tag option.